My Kind of Town… Chicago Is!
Just as Frank Sinatra inspired the title for this story, our clients LOVE Chicago. It’s a dynamic city with so much to offer. Here is why Chicago would be worth to consider for your next event:
- One of the great things about hosting a meeting in Chicago is the ease of getting in and out of the city. With O’Hare International Airport and Chicago Midway just a short drive from the city center, it’s always easy to get flights in and out. They are equipped to function through the four seasons – winter rarely slows them down! O’Hare also has beautiful hotels close by, in addition to an outlet shopping mall. The recently flagged Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel is one of our favorite properties in Chi-town due to their outstanding service, contemporary “art gallery” décor, functional meeting space & layout, as well as their gourmet healthy food! This is a very unique property that offers complimentary airport shuttle for their guests (cost avoidance on transportation) and two flagship chain restaurants (Capital Grill and McCormick & Schmidt’s), in addition to the very unique Fresco 21. Explore for yourself at http://www.loewshotels.com/chicago-ohare/
- In need of one destination that has it all? One of our favorite is the Navy Pier. The pier opened in 1916 as the first pier to combine the business of shipping with public entertainment. Since it’s opening, Navy Pier has transformed into a destination for entertainment, restaurants, as well as a variety of meeting and event space. It also serves as the boarding location for sightseeing and dining cruises in Lake Michigan and the Chicago River.
- Location, Architecture, A Gem! The Radisson Blu Aqua is located in Downtown Chicago and offers views of Lake Michigan and Millennium Park. We love it because it offers flexible meeting space that features two large ballrooms and a 7,000 square foot outdoor event area, very modern sleeping rooms, an indoor/outdoor pool, 1/5 mile running track and a fantastic Italian restaurant, Filini. Come see what it’s all about at http://www.radissonblu.com/aquahotel-chicago
- The Shedd Aquarium is home to one of the largest and most diverse collections of aquatic animals in the world. We recommend enjoying the aquarium as a guest, but there is also another side of the Shedd Aquarium... host a private event, dinner, or gala among dolphins and whales with a Caribbean reef for a centerpiece. An experience no one would soon forget!
- When looking for a large hotel in the heart of downtown, we look to the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile. The only hotel with an entrance on Magnificent Mile, it was originally built in 1929 as a luxury men’s club, boasting 45,000 square feet of meeting space across 28 meeting rooms. Along with two in-house restaurants, Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse and Eno Wine Bar, the hotel’s location provides easy access to a wide variety of shops and restaurants on Magnificent Mile.
- Year round Chicago is filled with active fans and active people. Visitors have the option of catching a game at Wrigley field or bicycling along Lake Michigan. You can join the crowds at Soldier Stadium for a Bears game or visit the 2015 Stanly Cup champions, the Chicago Blackhawks, at the United Center Arena. Chicago offers many indoor and outdoor activities for all different levels of visitors.
- When thinking Chicago food everyone thinks of pizza and hot dogs, but not just any kind will do. Everyone will have a different version of their favorite, whether it’s Giordano’s, Lou Malnati’s or Uno for deep dish pizza, or Portillo’s, Gene & Jude’s or Hot Doug’s for Chicago style hot dogs. All are staples to a visit to Chicago and can be offered in a wide variety depending on who you are with and where you are staying. Either way you can always count on a monstrosity of tastiness.